Hello Tiger Community,
The NM PED announced that all NM Schools would participate in Test-to-Stay, a modified quarantine program.
This program is intended to allow students who are exposed to COVID-19 while in the school setting to continue to report to school rather than being quarantined and not being able to attend school.
Test-to-Stay is available to all students and staff. To participate there are a number of stipulations that must be followed for the safety of all.
- To qualify to participate in test-to-stay the student must have been exposed to COVID-19 in the school setting.
- Parents must sign up using the QR code and follow the instructions here: PMG Opt-in Form: https://5il.co/144l2
- Students must complete testing with our partner Premier Medical Group (PMG) on days one, three, and five following exposure. The date of exposure is considered day zero. For example, if an individual was exposed today, Monday 1/10 their first day would be Tuesday 1/11, their third day would be Thursday 1/13 and their fifth day would be Saturday 1/15--due to the weekend the individual would complete testing on Monday 1/17.
- If your student is absent on one of the days that they need to test, they will resume testing upon their return.
- Failure to test upon agreeing to participate in Test-to-Stay (regardless of the reason) ends the test-to-stay eligibility and the student must return to following standard quarantine processes.
- If a second exposure to COVID-19 occurs while the student is participating in Test-to-Stay they will restart the sequence.
- If the student develops COVID-19 symptoms then standard quarantine processes will be initiated and regular PCR testing should occur to verify that the student is not positive.
Testing will happen at school in our designated testing areas and students will not miss significant time from class for testing to occur.
Our test to stay program officially starts today. If you want your student to participate in the Test-To-Stay program you will need to complete the registration process here: PMG Opt-in Form: https://5il.co/144l2
Aztec Municipal Schools